Security Works
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google LinkedIn


How can I book the security course?

You can book a course online by following the instructions to book on each individual course page. You can also book by calling us on 0207 993 8681 / 07971 863 580

What ID do I need to bring for the security course?

To complete a Security course you must have on group A document and 2 group B documents or 2 group A documents.

Group A

  • Signed valid passport of any nationality.
  • Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required)
  • UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
  • UK biometric residence permit

Group B

  • Valid EU photo ID card.
  • Signed valid UK paper driving licence.
  • Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
  • UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy.
  • Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
  • UK adoption certificate
  • P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
  • P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
  • Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
  • Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
  • Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
  • Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
  • British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.
  • Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
  • A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
  • Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
  • Child benefit book issued in last 12 months.

How difficult is it to pass the test on your security course and get a qualification?

The materials that we use, trainers that have years of experience in the security industry and the use of practical real life examples to support the training we deliver help to ensure that you will be prepared for the exams when it is time to complete them. We have a very high pass rate and in the unlikely event of not passing a course we offer our students free resits.

Will the security course material be provided?

We will provide you with all the materials you need to successfully complete the course. When you join the course you will be given books and other study aids.

What are the exams like?

The questions are all multiple choice, you select one choice from four options.

When will I receive my result?

Results are released after 14 working days of exam date. We aim to notify you of the results the same day the awarding body releases the results.  We will send you an SMS to inform you of your results.

When will I receive my certificate?

Certificates are dispatched within 10 days of receiving your results from the awarding body. The awarding body will post the certificates to our training centre and we will dispatch them to you.

Do I need my certificate to apply for SIA Licence?

No, you do not need your certificate to apply for SIA Licence. As soon as you receive your results you can apply for your SIA licence. On the application form you fill in your full name, date of birth and the awarding body and the SIA can search for your result on a database. There is no need to send the certificate to the SIA, it is kept for your records.

What extras will I receive from you?

As well as getting a high quality of training you will also receive advice on breaking into the security industry. We can also support you with completing your application for your SIA licence so that you get your licence as soon as possible. While waiting to receive your licence we can advice you on how best to polish up your CV.

What distinguishes you from the competition? Why should I train with you?

The difference between us and other training providers is that unlike our competition we aim to help the people we train by giving them advice on how to get work within the security industry. During the course we can help you by giving advice on completing job applications and updating your CV. This practical real world advice is what you need to get into the security industry. Other companies train you and provide no further assistance with getting into the security industry.

It has been over 14 working days and I still have not got my result, what do I do?

Very rarely there can be delays in receiving the results for your course. In this case you can contact the office who will chase up the results.

What if I fail the exam?

If you fail the exam, you may resit the exam free of charge. We will reschedule a time to book the resit.

What if my certificate is lost in the post?

A new certificate can be ordered and posted to you for a cost of £15

My name is spelt incorrectly on the certificate, what should I do?

We can re-issue you a new certificate. You must send us the one with the incorrect spelling to be destroyed. We will also need a copy of some Identification to ensure there are no further mistakes on the spelling of your name. We will then apply for a new certificate which will be posted to you. This can take up to 14 working days.

I have no experience in the security industry, will I be able to find work?

Of course you will, there are many types of security jobs, it’s not just pubs and clubs, you can also work security at a retail store, construction site, office, museum, theatre, restaurant, hospital, hotels and many other places. If you have any experience in these kinds of environments within a different role you may be suitable for a job in that same environment as a security officer. For example if you have worked in a retail store as a store assistant or as a tradesman on a construction site you would have experience which would be valuable. It would be sensible for you to use this experience to get a security job in a retail environment or on a construction site.

Do I need to be big and strong to work in the security industry?

Definitely not, working in the security industry is not about intimidating or scaring people. The use of good communication and tact is highly valued. A security operative must find a way to defuse conflict with good communication. A security operative should also provide good customer service. Having a professional appearance, being able to communicate well and the ability to remain calm under pressure are more valuable than being big and threatening. There are many security jobs in many different areas, which all have different requirements of the staff working there.

I have already done my Security Guard or Door Supervisor training, do I have to attend the full course?

If you have completed your Door Supervisor or Security Guard training after August 2010, you will be exempt from the Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry unit. You will not have to attend that particular session of training and will not have to complete that exam.

Why are women so sought after in this profession?

The law in the UK does not allow men to do all of the work in the security industry for example men cannot search women. This is a big problem at venues where people must be searched for example nightclubs, football stadiums, courts and even airports. This means there is a specific legal requirement for women in these particular venues. Also many venues like to try to achieve an even spread of men and women within the security team. This helps to give balance and makes the security team look more approachable rather than having a male only team which some customers may find intimidating.

Are there any age limits?

You must be over 18 to get an SIA licence.


  • telephone T:0207 993 8681
  • mobile M:07971 863 580
  • email add

Follow Us!

Security Works © 2015